
We went to pick the Little Guy up from óvi today. Look at that cheeky look in his eyes! There have been times in the past when he has cried when I go to pick him up, but this time he actually seemed happy to see us. I think G was preparing him a lot for us being there. I think what might actually help a lot is that all the other children were excited about Babó, but Benji was the only one who could touch her etc. She's like 'his' baby. He looked proud about that when he saw us and said 'this is szonja!' and squeezed her foot. Phew - the whole thing was much easier than I thought it would be. Babó was totally calm all the way to their house. (By the way, I'm going to stop using names of any kids on this site. I know Little Guy, Big Guy, and Babó is super cheesy, but I think it's a good idea that random people wouldn't be able to trick them into thinking they know them just because they call them by their name. I'm not paranoid, but, you know. I willl have to go back to the older post and change things too, but if I forget and write their names, help me by reminding me!)

While Babó was sleeping Little Guy and I tried training Flitti. Ha. I have never really been a dog person - well, I like them when they're all grown up and trained and lie next to you when you read. Basically I like dogs when they behave like cats. I took my mom's advice about always keeping her leash on when she's in the house. It makes it much easier for me to control her, and to 'save' the little guy when she gets hyper.

I think it must be pretty much impossible to take a clear picture of a five year old and a puppy at dusk.

Family.

I know these pictures don't really turn out, but everyday I'm tempted by trying to capture what Babó's sweet face looks like when she's sleeping on me. Some things I couldn't have taken any pictures of today: napping together in the morning, woke up before I realised I had fallen asleep. Her little body was so warm and I curled up next to her and fell back to sleep for awhile. The way she made an old man smile on the bus. The way one of Big Guy's friend's mom asked shyly if she could just have a sniff of Babó's head - for that sweet baby smell.

The snowflake garland I've been working on. I don't know if I should try to make this one any longer, or make more of the same, or do something else like big-small patterns, or white-blue or something like that. I really like making these though. I tried to take some pictures of the little bits of Christmas around the house.



Hershey kisses have wound their way to my house as well. We can't get them in England I never really liked them before, and now I look forward too them.
ReplyDelete