Thursday, December 3, 2009

I took this picture to remember how funny it was (in a way that you're not really supposed to laugh about) when Szonja was getting frustrated with not being able to put this monkey in her mouth in just the way she wanted. She battles with the monkey. It's pretty loud and gets her so excited! I had to take it away eventually. She ALMOST rolled over from her back to her tummy to get at that guy.
This is _another_ one of those pictures that is probably not interesting to other people, and really only taken because I got overwhelmed by how cute she is and wanted to freeze that in time. I mean really, check out that chin!
So many of my pictures come out blurry - I would never be able to print these out of course, but I like the way it shows a little bit of the day. Dani and Benji two years ago never really played like this. It's rough-housing, but at least it's together!
Dani took these pictures, and he can't really push the button and hold the camera steady at the same time. Or maybe my camera is taking worse pictures lately? Does that happen? They do seem to be blurry very very often. Maybe I should start trying to learn how to use the settings on it...




61 tram, on the way home. Szonja is so serious. She falls asleep on the way and I enjoy it so much, having her close. I hate trips home in the middle of winter, in the dark but it helps to have someone to hug the entire way.
It also helps when you get to walk through a castle on the way home. The lights are like this pretty much all year, but there is something about it all that feels Christmas-y.

This is where the bus stop is, where we wait each day. Something so lonely about empty bus stops at night.
Cooked this amazingly unhealthy and yummy dinner tonight - noI cooked the chicken in broth, and made a sort of gravy from it with pesto etc. Turned out pretty well! I tend to be a much better cook when it's a situation like this, and there's no pressure except to just throw stuff together.
This moment was so important for me today.


Trying to season up the room a little.
I think Martha would not be so proud. Notice on the right the cream and sugar set that I got using points at Spar. Oh, the big salad bowl also.

Ok - so a run through the day. Szonja woke up at 6!!!! The usual things, and then we went to get my flu shots. Szonja was resting against me the whole time, smiling at everyone as usual. We walked back home, which took about 40 minutes. So many other things to do, but I wan)ted to enjoy the air, let Szonja sleep. The vizivaros has a lot of interesting buildings, secret gardens. I like to walk and peer over fences. Benji was upset when we arrived, but got over it really quickly. He is still so interested in Szonja's crying - he wants to provoke it even while he's worried about her doing it. Szonja is crazy about Gabi - whenever she sees her its all smiles. Gabi really has a way with kids I think. She has a sense for just how to talk to them. Ate there then walked home from Disz Ter. Such fresh air. Szonja stayed asleep, so I rushed around cleaning the house. Why don't I have this motivation in the morning? At least it sets me up for a more relaxing day tomorrow. (it just occured to me how boring this blog must be - I feel like I'm writing it for myself though)

No comments:

Post a Comment