Saturday, December 5, 2009

Daily December 5

Csaba usually likes to sleep in on Saturdays, so Szonja went out in the back yard for a little fresh air. This snowsuit is too small for her, but I thought it was cute enough to try it out at least once.
We walked around looking at trees and leaves, and there were some birds singing. I was hoping to find some little sticks to make stars for tying on Christmas presents, but I didn't find anything good at all.

I look sleepy because I hadn't really been out of bed for so long. It's nice to have this back garden so we can just pop out if we want. I wish there was some way for her to be somewhere comfortable other than in my arms. My back is really starting to feel her growing weight. Since I've started working I end up carrying for quite a few hours a day. Putting her on my back somehow would be better, but I don't really want to do that on buses etc. Maybe I will try out the Hotsling on my hip for this sort of thing.
This hat is too small already, even though she only wore it I think once in her life. I think she looks like a newspaper boy or something.
She loves the Tyvec envelope that my mom sent. It crinkles just like paper, but doesn't get socky or tear. I recommend this for babies that love paper!
Szonja is getting closer and closer to rolling over - though it seems like she'll figure out back to tummy first!

Grandparents came to visit. Szonja was all smiles for them like usual!



December 6th is St. Nicholas day in Hungary. Mikulas comes and puts presents in kids' shoes. Mikulas went to Nagypapa and Nagymama's house looking for Szonja, but they assured him they would bring her the presents... the bag says, 'I was here'

Look at all the loot! Kati knitted super soft hats, and two pairs of leg warmers for Szonja. When I wear her in the wrap sling her legs hang out but the rest of her body is really hot so I needed something just to keep that part of her body warm. Now I just need some sort of mukluk booties for her feet! For now she just wears thick socks.




Mikulas also brought this beautiful Christmas dress and a little Rudolph toy. I was hoping she would have a pretty dress for going to Christmas parties this year!


After the first time waking up...

No comments:

Post a Comment