Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Daily December 1



I just love babies in tights. I wish Szonja had a different pair for every day and every outfit.

p
My crafting attempts. These bead stars should be so incredibly simple I think 5 year olds can do it unattended. My beads rolled all over the floor, on SEVERAL occasions, with me gasping and Csaba crying 'is it a needle? did you drop a needle?!' He lives in fear of sitting on a needle. Luckily for him I can't sew.
I decopauged these foam birds in the hopes they will make cool Chrismas tree ornaments.
Same for these foam balls.
Here is Szonja in the super-cool Wingbo. If you want to get something great for a baby, and have lots of money this is for you!! I suppose one could get a good deal on E-bay or somewhere. It gives them 'tummy-time' without needing to lie right on the floor. Since it sort of tilts, their face is much higher and it makes it easier for themto look around. The whole thing swings a little when they kick their feet too. Two thumbs up from Szonja.
We went to an Advent cookie decorating party. I met this couple through a mommy-baby group. Penelope has lots more toys than Szonja! Penelope is 6 months old, but she and Szonja are not so far apart in size.
Szonja's reaction to another baby is basically that she wants to get her in her mouth and taste this being!

Szonja was grumpy so I let her sit in the big chair for a little bit. Perked her right up! She likes feeling big!


So what do you do if you had a plan to document and then put together a scrapbook of all the cool stuff in December? And you carefully laid out two whole pages for each day, and the 1st of December rolls around and there's not much to put in? Hmmmm... the day was full - of cuddling, breastfeeding, napping, laundry, Benji-ing. I didn't really get pictures, so I guess this day will have to have more journaling.

This is a rough run-down of the day. By the way, I'm using these blog entries to help me later after Christmas is over to actually put the thing together with the printed pictures. I want to be able to write stuff down as it's fresh. So:

6:00 Szonja wakes up to her first ever first day of December. I try feeding her, hoping she'll go back to sleep, but she's a wiggle-worm. I go to the bathroom, but come back to see her in Csaba's arms already, she cried when I left and that woke her up. We stay in bed cuddling, partly because I'm so tired only one eye will open. I contemplate getting up and starting the day.
7:00 Szonja, and I, go back to sleep.
8:00 Csaba comes in to remind me of my plan for being an on-time early-riser. Right.
9:00 Szonja wakes up and we play in bed, then in the living room. Starts out already as a whiney day.
10:00 Szonja goes back to sleep. I take the chance to take a shower, the only second time I have slipped in a morning shower in all the mornings we have spent along in the flat. Usually I find other ways to use her sleeping time. But it felt so good! I get almost everything bathroomy done before she wakes, including a load of laundry in.
11:00 Singing and folding laundry to the sound of Szonja whining. Hrm. Decide the laundry isn't so important to put away and instead rock Szonja for awhile. I think the first day back at nannying has been tough for her too, and maybe she just needs more cuddling today. The classical radio station was playing great kid music, like the music from Hungarian cartoons like Kocskas Fulu Nyul (the green bunny that is featured in a lot of the pictures of Szonja.) and then vivaldi and stuff like that. This was maybe the highlight of my day.
12:00 nurse Szonja to sleep on the bed, then decide that i should take this chance to nap too, since she's so snuggly and nice to sleep with now. I want to remember how she relaxes into sleep when I tuck my knees around her. I want to remember how when she's eating and falling asleep one hand is wandering and feeling around, on my face, my clothes, her hair.
1:00 I wake up and think that maybe now I can get some things done while Szonja sleeps a little longer. HA! She seems asleep but as soon as I sit up, she is immediately awake and smiling. I try to rush around tidying a little, but Szonja needs constant attention today. I let her have some floor time with the new wooden animals Kate gave us. Then start to get ready to go.
2:00 I thought that if I got us ready fast enough part of the way to Varazs could be walking, getting some fresh air. But no, we are out the door right at 2:30.
2:30 The rainy air feels so fresh and nice - makes me want to be walking in the woods somewhere. Wearing hiking boots, because of my fractured foot, makes the feeling i'm going to the woods stronger. On the 16 bus we get teh usual smiles from people. It's really a friendly bus. An older lady was talking to me about the wrap, but I couldn't really hear her, so I just smiled and nodded, smiled and nodded. She was saying something about fresh air and the country side, but I just let her obviously positive words roll over me. I was testing the air to see if I felt the 'holiday spirit' so far no. Maybe it's because I missed Autumn, and to this Alaskan girl this kind of weather just doesn't seem wintery at all.
HIGHLIGHT: It was raining when we walked up Monda utca to Varazs, and I could see Szonja reacting to the raindrops on her cheeks. So nice to witness the first time for this kind of experience. Though to be honest I don't think she was impressed.
3:00 I put Szonja to sleep in the awesome crib that Gabi set up on the top floor. Szonja was holding on to the side bars when I put her in. After that i went to play with Benji, who really only likes me around without Szonja for now. That's what I'm asking santa for this year, for Benji to fall in love with Szonja!! For now it's kind of rough going. He actually told me he doesn't like her. Boo. Oh, and if Santa could arrange for Flitti the puppy to grow up really really fast, that would be great too. I have seen her: biting the curtains and almost pulling them down, lapping soup out of a bowl at the table, walking with dirty feet on the white couch, pooping on the oriental rugs, attmpting the turtles, etc etc.
5:30 come home with Szonja, with pangs that this working thing is not going to work for her. I hope it will be ok for her. She's whiney all night, and I have all the housework like doing the dishes (from Thanksgiving ?!) and straightening up the craft stuff. Phew. nothing else really to write about. OH, skyped with mom. As usual, a highlight of the day. CAT is getting so big now! I wish I could get a huge poster size blow up of Paula Deen in her blue hat for Tyler. I hope Santa is getting on that one, since Tyler did ask for it in a letter after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment