Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December Daily - day 2


This morning started off looking something like this - the usual 7:00 wake up, then back to sleep at 9. It's so tempting to go back to sleep like this when she does, but I usually end up regretting it. Today I had my usual breakfast of Bob's Stone Cut Hot Cereal, but with cranberries and brown sugar. Yum. It's funny, today went so much more smoothly than yesterday, but the moments are less memorable. It all seems to run together.
Today was so beautiful: sun shining, crisp air, just cold enough to see my breath. Again, so much wanted to be out in the woods or something! Ah well. Let's let the foot heal first.
Went to the market, not so much because I had something I needed to buy, but just to see all the colors and to see what's in season now. I love winter vegetables by the way (which doesn't explain why I decided to buy bananas, for pete's sake). Next time I really need to get some eggplant. Oh, and I need to figure out how to make as good a vegetable soup as Gabi's. Incredible.
On Wednesdays we like to go to a Mommy-Baby group and I have been going since I was 10 weeks pregnant with Szonja. Kriszta and Maeve (sorry, her name is spelled in a different hard to remember Irish way, not like this) were there the first time we went, so I have known them for a long time! When I met them Maeve was the same size as Szonja is now! Kriszta was so so helpful during my pregnancy, with helping to move, keeping me company. I've been lucky to meet her and her family.
Poor bunny...



Usually the group is completely full of people, sometimes its hard to find a place to sit down! But today, maybe because of sickness, maybe because of the weather, we were the only ones there for the first hour. It was actually really peaceful: the light is nice in the flat and Szonja was in a good mood. I think this picture above sort of captures the mood. It's hard for me to describe what it's like for me, being with Szonja. I can only say that having my arms around her little body is just DELICIOUS. I can't get enough. I love the smell of her breath, putting my nose against her neck, stroking her hands. Tonight I was trying to get a look at her gums, to see if any teeth are going to come out, and as I was pushing down on her chin and saying AH with my own mouth open wide she was just giggling. I could listen to her giggle for hours. By the way, one sure way of making her giggle: her baby toothbrush. It has soft plastic bristles on it and slips on the end of my finger. She just loves having her gums brushed with it.
Benji Benji.
Today he really seemed to be warming up to Szonja, though he still has to be reminded to be gentle. He still thinks she should have her cumi (pacifier) all the time. When I tell him she doesn't want it he says "But she LIKES it!" He also, for some reason, calls it a 'pünci' which means, um, something else.
You can see Flitti the dog dying to come inside at the back of the picture. Benji really liked the quilt that my grandma made for Szonja and wanted me to tell him the rhymes that are represented on it over and over. I have learned today that singing and telling rhymes is the best way to engage Benji and interact with Szonja at the same time.
I was happy for this picture of Dani - at least he looks wintery!! Dani and Benji got their flu shots today - with a fair amount of screaming from Benji, though I guess with all the screaming he missed the moment when they actually gave him the shot. When we got in the car to go home Benji said that Szonja can stay. My jaw dropped a little.
Here are some pictures with details of the cover of my December Daily scrapbook. I'm using an old advertising magazine, which means it doesn't really come out looking so professional, but at least it was free. Csaba said that no one could say it wasn't made be a five year old, which I think was not such a nice thing to say, no?
This picture of the bird ornament I made is better than the other I think.

I really need more pictures of chickadees. Such a delightful bird.

Highlights of today: quiet time in light filled room with Szonja, singing and cuddling.
Benji listening to the rhymes on the quilt.
I truly enjoyed my oatmeal this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment