
I'm sitting in my cozy glider chair, after putting Chickadee (decided that's a better nickname) to sleep for something like the fourth time (girl just doesn't like the idea of falling asleep in bed, with or without me) and hoping that there will be lots of snow tomorrow too. Also I'm kind of regretting the fact that I didn't spend the day wandering around the city looking at the beauty, because we all know that city snow can be ugly after the first day. The first day it's all so clean, and it hasn't gone through a melt and freeze cycle so it's easier to walk around. Anyhoo. It was an ever so slightly squeaky snow, with large flakes that later turned slightly needly and stinky on the face. I loved all the dark almost black trees with their layer of white. Driving up through the castle on the 16 bus was truly lovely, all the old houses and whatnot.

This is in Városmajor park. Would have been nice to walk down in it, but I promised Csaba I wasn't going to slip today with Chickadee on my back, so I didn't attempt those sort of treacherous looking stairs.

The Beco has been sort of working for back carrying. It still makes me nervous, but the numb parts of my back really feel a little better this way. Little girl weighs about six and a half kilos now, so it really put quite a strain on my back to wear her in the front. She looks peaceful in this picture, but later she was too hot and was crying. Since she's on my back I can't reach her so I had to take her off and put her back on front. Hrm. Plus old ladies make comments about this way, which is tiring.

I like this picture of Christmas trees for sale. The sign says 'walnuts and poppy seeds available ground'. Both of those ingredients are very important in a lot of Hungarian seasonal foods, like bejgli, which is a rolled bread thing that I'm considering trying to make. Today I thought I would try to make Makos Guba, which is poppy seed bread pudding, but the store was all out of poppy seeds, a rather essential ingredient.

The snow is still so clean!

If you could look at these two pictures like a flip books, or in windows photo gallery one after the other it looks like she's jumping up and down.


Poor Flitti, she wanted to come in so badly. She really is a beautiful dog. Smart too. And she'll be nice to be around after her doggy obedience school!

This was taken on the walk home from work. The lights in the castle district make for nice night photos. I didn't do anything to doctor this up!

Fuzzy I know, but it's my blog and I'm allowed to do that.

Chickdee's snow suit has a little gnome hood. I tried to take pictures of it, but only caught the tip. It looks like I'm chasing a gnome around. Here are my picture results:



This is how Chickadee likes to fall asleep lately. To be honest, I like it too. She's already gotten so big, and changed so much.


I tried to make bread pudding, or something. It turned out way to sweet, and too wet too. Sort of like when I tried to make stuffing at Thanksgiving. Next time, less liquid and longer cooking time I guess. I put apples, raisins and dried apricots in. The texture of the dried fruit is so good, next time I'll put more in.

I tried to make vanilla sauce, but the dark brown sugar makes it look chocolatey. I think I mismeasured the butter, so the sauce sort of tastes like caramel popcorn. There was LOTS left over, I think it would be good on baked apples or pears. Like my attempt at Christmasing up the photo? Also, look how colorful it is, also without any doctoring or preplanning. Cool!
I love the gnome hood! and the nickname, very "northern Alaska" of you!
ReplyDelete