Sunday, October 4, 2009

We went to visit the family for whom I work as a nanny. This is Dani holding Szonja in their at that point unused doggy bed. During my whole pregnancy Dani was very excited about Szonja being born. He was also a big support and really liked doing pre-natal yoga with me, giving me massages, and asking loads of questions about all kinds of things. Here are a few of my favorite comments:
"Is the baby swimming around in your pee?" (which sort of makes sense, since he must think of our tummies being full of pee)
When he wanted me to lift him out of a bath, I told him that the doctor said I'm not supposed to lift heavy things. He wanted to know what else the doctor had said. I told him I'm not supposed to drink coffee or wine, or be around people who are smoking. He said "Well, if you HAVE to be around someone who is smoking, it's better if you use one of those astronaut helmets."
In an earlier conversation he told me that he KNOWS the reason that "girls have what they have and boys have what they have". He said "the daddy has to put his (gesturing) this thing into the mommy..." good so far.. "so the baby can hold onto it and get pulled out!"
Dani also informed me that he would only marry her if her name would be Szonja, not if it would be Nora (our other option), since that is his older sister's name.
My favorite comment: "I hope it will be a girl, we need more girls in this family."
While I was pregnant I always told Dani that if he talked and sang to the baby, after she was born she would recognize his voice and be happy if she sang to him. When he came to visit us in the hospital and the first few times he met us, he sang little songs for her - and I think she really does recognize and get calmed to his voice! Of course I do to - he sang something like 15 songs to her, and she slept peacefully and smiled in her sleep the whole time. We love you Dani!

1 comment: