
I have to say, I was totally excited about doing the stockings this year. Maybe because I always loved that part of Christmas the most when I was little, maybe because it was the man himself, Santa Claus doing the stockings. Maybe because Csaba didn't grow up with a Christmas morning, or stockings, and I wanted to show how cool it is. Anyway. With the last minute touches on Chickadees crocheted one the night before, and an old sock for mine (sigh: I really missed my mustard green felt one with my name on it that my grandma made for me and that has always been MY stocking) I tried to put traditional things in - like a special fruit at the toe (a pomegranate, a persimmon and a William's pear), everyone got a magazine, and a toothbrush, and other little gifts. I wish that I had done this blog entry earlier so I could still remember what all was in there! How soon we forget...

The Christmas morning scene. I loved our tree. It smelled so good, and really lit up our little living room. Chickadee and I got up early, put the finishing touches on, then went back to bed for her morning nap, so at 11 o'clock we could all get up together.

Beigli (the rolled walnut thing on the tray) makes a perfect Christmas morning breakfast with coffee and tea. I bought this tray especially for Christmas morning. Can you tell I was excited?

Chickadee with her stocking. She loves the puppets, though they are pretty dangerous in her hands! They are made from wooden spoons. Santa must have known the ones I got for Christmas from A-Z several years back would be good for this year too! That clever guy.

This teething ring has a 'tooth brush' part. Best one I've found so far!

There are absolutely no clear pictures of Chickadee opening presents because she was so excited about the wrapping paper she was diving in and flapping arms all over the place.





I got Csaba a new guitar for Christmas! I was so excited for him to get it. It was hiding in the corner while we opened the presents. After they were all opened I pulled it out. I felt like such a family when he started playing it, Chickadee leaned up against me, smiling and listening. That was the best Christmas moment this year.

We all stayed in our Christmas morning pajamas and lazed the rest of the day away. What a great Christmas!
P.S. Let this be a lesson to me not to put off writing things for too long. For so many days I was imagining what I would write about this Christmas, putting it off because I wanted it to be really good. Instead I just forgot almost everything I want to say, and decided to just do something quick. One New Year's Resolution is to not overthink things!
No comments:
Post a Comment